Become a better gambler: strategy advice for popular games
Stepping into the gambling world for the very first time can be quite intimidating especially if you’re doing it on your own. No matter how fancy some casinos might be, there are people who will always be reluctant. But can you blame them? I’m sure you have at least one cousin, uncle, or some unfortunate friend that was scammed while playing casino games, and has passed on his fear to others around him. Whether you choose to step into a real casino or you want to gamble from the comfort of your own home, you should always do a thorough research and find out as much information as possible before you make your deposit.
Strategy Guide for Popular Casino Games
This article is a complete guide that will come in handy to those of you who are struggling to understand the so-called “winning strategies” for some of the most popular casino games. Now, don’t get too excited, I didn’t say there is a magic formula for hitting the Jackpot! But some games rely on skills, others rely on knowledge, while others are just pure luck.
As an example for each category, we will talk about poker, roulette, and online slot machines, and we will try to understand which strategy is best for each of these games. Nonetheless, keep in mind that nothing guarantees success and you have to be willing to take a certain risk when you engage in this type of activity.
1. Becoming a pro poker player
Without a doubt, poker is the most popular and beloved gambling game that has been around for centuries. It’s ageless, genderless, and played by millions of people across the globe. Many of you are probably dreaming of quitting your boring jobs to become a professional poker player. Is this doable? Of course it is, look at Johnny Moss, Chip Reese, or Phil Ivey!
But before you drop everything and move to Vegas, check out the following tips and tricks and make sure you understand the implications that come along:
- Starting off with a good hand it’s the best scenario possible but, since you don’t have any control over the cards that will be dealt, you must rely on your personal strategy.
- It might seem like a lifestyle advice, but a good attitude will also improve your poker career. Be prepared to lose, and, more importantly, do it graciously.
- If online poker is not your thing, you should learn to be a sociable player and enjoy the ride. Have fun, tell jokes, but never let your emotions overwhelm you. They don’t call it poker-faced for nothing! A pair of dark glasses might also be helpful.
- Folding more does not make you a quitter! In fact, if you play each hand, chances are you will lose more than you will win.
- In certain situations, bluffing might be helpful, but don’t overuse it! It might get you into more trouble and the other players could learn to identify your bluffing.
- Never lose sight of the other players. Even if you’re not playing a hand, you must always watch the others for possible patterns that will help you be one step ahead of them.
- When engaging in online poker, it is essential that you choose the game that suits your level of experience and your bankroll. Most gambling website have generous bonus offers that bring a significant contribution to the gameplay.
2. Unraveling the mysteries of the roulette table
Unlike poker, playing roulette is a bit more challenging, I might say, simply because you control a lot less. In fact, there’s no way you can guess on what number the ball will land. The only thing you can do is to distribute your bet in a smarter way. There are a couple of tricks that have proven to be successful for online and live roulette and, given the fact that the table itself can be overwhelming for beginners, these guidelines will surely make a difference.
- Before you make any move, learn the symbols on the table and the differences between multiple roulette games (European, American, French). Everything will make sense if you familiarize yourself with the table.
- Before choosing an online casino that has roulette games, make sure the website has a random number generator, otherwise winning can be an impossible goal.
- Once you have decided the amount of your bet and you’re comfortable with potentially losing this amount, you can make your predictions. Whenever you make a profit, it is advisable to withdraw and keep playing with the same amount you first started. This way you can easily keep track of your winnings.
- Aim for the outside of the table. For obvious reasons, betting on RED/BLACK, HIGH/LOW, and ODD/EVEN it’s a smarter move then picking a bunch of random numbers or numbers that you consider the lucky. These things only happen in movies!
- The “double up” strategy, also known as the Martingale Strategy, is a safe way to recover your money. Let’s say that you choose odd instead of even and you place a $5 bet. If you lose, try again but this time bet $10. Don’t be disappointed if you lose again and continue to follow this recipe until you eventually win your money back. It’s not necessarily the fun way, but it brings back your money.
- If you have enough resources, you could go for the Grand Martingale Strategy that’s basically the same thing but besides doubling up, you will keep adding the amount you started off with. For example, if you start with a $5 bet and lose, next round will be a 15$ bet.
- Whoever feels adventurous and has the necessary resources, there’s the James Bond Strategy that goes like this: you start with a $200 bet, you place $140 on numbers 19-36, $50 on 13-18, $10 on 0.
3. The wonders of online slot machines
Online slots are receiving a lot of positive attention from players and casino providers alike. While other games require time and a certain degree of skill, modern online slots can be played from whatever device you choose and it all happens instantly. You could even win a massive Jackpot in just a couple of rounds!
The gambling world has been debating whether this type of game has a strategy and if so, does it guarantee success? I encourage you to try these tricks and compare the results yourself.
- Since most of these slots work with coins of different values, start by betting the lowest ones. Slowly, you will build your bankroll that will allow you to place higher bets that will eventually bring more generous prizes.
- Not all slots are adequate for every player. Some of them have flexible pay lines, while others may have hundreds of fixed lines that can overwhelm beginners. Before you settle, check out as many slots as possible and, since many websites allow demo play, it would be a good idea to exercise without having to stress about losing real money.
- Search for slot machines that have bonus rounds and free spins. These little gifts could save you from a potential fiasco.
- It might sound like poor advice, but the best strategy is to know when to stop. Withdraw your winnings as they pile up. This type of casino game can be quite addictive especially because it’s so fast-paced and, even if it looks like you’re winning, you may quickly lose everything.
Regardless of the casino game you wish to enjoy, Takebonus.com is a popular website that gathers numerous bonuses and promotions from hundreds of online casinos specialized in all types of gambling activities. Remember that you will need all the help he can get if you wish to get your hands on that shiny prize so browsing for bonuses will do you no harm!