6 Tips For Playing Mobile Poker On Your Phone or PDA
More and more people are buying mobile devices such as iPads, iPhones, Blackberrys and other smartphones and devices. This has resulted in a massive growth in mobile poker as more and more people want to play a few hands of poker while on the move. Here are 6 useful tips for playing mobile poker on any smartphone or PDA.
- If you are planning on playing mobile poker it is important to check with your mobile operator if you are being charged per megabyte for data transfer Mobile poker rooms do not charge their players to play via mobile phones or devices, but you can end up using 15+ megabytes per hour of data playing at mobile poker rooms.
- Never store your login details on your phone. Mobile poker rooms insist that you login every time you want to play mobile poker. This is to protect you in the event of your phone being lost or stolen. If you store you username and password in your texts, memos, notes etc. then you run the risk of someone logging into your account if your phone is misplaced.
- Mobile phone coverage can be poor in many areas, so if you are planning on playing real money poker and do not want to drop a hand, be sure to test the coverage first in Play Money mode.
- As an added security feature, mobile poker rooms do not allow access to the Cashier to Withdraw or Deposit funds from your mobile phone. For this reason it is important to make sure you have added the necessary funds from your desktop version if you plan on playing mobile poker while on the move.
- If you mobile phone is lost or stolen, most mobile poker rooms allow you to block mobile poker from being played on your phone by swithing it off via your online account or by contacting their support centre.
- If you are signing up for a mobile poker room be sure to avail of their sign-up bonuses for new players.